Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's me against the evil monster...!..me: 1, stupid virus:0

hi, so this morning, i made the effort to wake up early so that i can edit my essay for my intl biz project...i have to get it done before going to school as i have a group meeting in the afternoon...
as usual, i on my lappie, check my hotmail, facebook and log on to youtube....the usual routine...at least for me...and then, this stupid Antivirus 2009 keep popping up every 5 minutes or so...damn annoying...my whole pc slowed down...then my laptop hang at one point...damn annoying..so no choice lor, i have to go to school to do my essay.. it claims that it scanned my laptop and found so many 'threats' and spywares inside...can u see?? it's a bit small...so many trojan viruses...i was like panicking....how come suddenly so many viruses?? they say got 36 THREATS...somemore must highlight in RED...then i simply go and install that stupid thing..i m so stupid!..coz my laptop has been virus free for a very long time...actually so far, this is only my 2nd virus attack...the 1st one was really long ago....at first i didnt know what was it about, so i quickly go to http://www.download.com/ to download AVG.....thinking that it will work....coz currently, i m not using any antivirus software at all except for windows defender....i uninstalled AVG long ago coz i felt it slowed down my pc...

anyways, i knew that something was wrong...haha, then i 'googled' how to get rid of Antivirus 2009....and i realised that it was a virus....similar to antivirus 2008,antivirus XP...same family one....it give fake messages telling u that your laptop's has viruses...infact, it itself is a virus..can just google it...many ppl also kena before...very common virus....
got so many ways to get rid of it.....i researched a bit and on the internet....so in the end..i downloaded, Malwarebytes' Anti Malware....from http://www.download.com/...

anyways, it worked!!! yay!!....thanks to whoever that suggested it..so ppl, if next time your pc kena Antivirus 2009, just download Malwarebytes....it works!=)

so now, everything is back to normal..my laptop's running as usual....but i m still scanning my whole computer again just in case.......

wow, sometimes i m amazed as to how i can survive uni while being so computer illiterate....hmm, up till now, i sometimes dunno how to use the functions on MS Word....must buy the book, "Guide to Computers for DUMMIES" oredi...

btw, anyone has any suggestion as to what free antivirus program i should use?? my friend say Avast is good....hmm....should i download it?...coz i really dont like AVG leh..

shit...spend the whole evening 'fighting' the virus...well, at least my laptop is virus free now..up till now, i still dunno how i got the virus...sigh..

bye!

5 comments:

CkY said...

hahaha..........
so u mean finally u anti the VIRUS successfully ???
actually what i want to tell u is, not ur computer very strong against VIRUS but is u ur self don't ever know ur computer got VIRUS or not......

can u confirm ur self that ur pc is free from threat ??

ok.....answer ur question !!!

AVAST! is good !!! not very very good but not bad to used !!!!!

i am using now...very safe !!!!!!!!

another suggestion from me is try BACKUP ur file as soon as possible !!!!
*since ur pc got chance to attract VIRUS mean ur pc is potential to get VIRUS threat another time !!!!!

backup ur thing is necessary !!! trust me !!!

if u want AVAST! u just download from AVAST! website !!!!!! after install they need KEY which i can give u free !!!!!!!!
*since they need u to fill in a lot of thing to get that KEY !!!! if u free u may do that also !!!

should u need any further information u r welcome to msn me !!!

haha.....

have a nice day !!!

zickleer said...

hehe...nice adventure against baddy virus:)

im using a pirate of mcafee hehe:)

teikweng

poh ling said...

ky, thanks...if i need help, i'll let u know...coz now having exams, too lazy to bother about the 'health' of my laptop..thanks..

CkY said...

hoo.....finally u see ur comment ,......

anyway wish u get flying colour in ur exam !!

have a nice day !!!

take ur self good care and also ur computer....hahaha........

Anonymous said...

hi!!.. wai kiet here.. the best free antivirus at this moment is avira.. avg n avast just forget about it..